Sunday, September 30, 2012

Christina Aguilera: I Was Forced to Be "Toothpick Thin" in 2002


Christina Aguilera at the NCLR 2012 ALMA Awards on September 16, 2012 in Pasadena, California.

Christina Aguilera is taking handle of her music and of her body.

Appearing on the September 29 cover of Billboard magazine, the 31- year - outdated singer opens up about the struggle to stay thin in the music marketplace. " For the duration of the promotion of my album Stripped [in 2002], I got tired of being a skinny, white woman," Aguilera says. "I am Ecuadorian but people felt so protected passing me off as a skinny, blue-eyed white girl."

"The upcoming time my label saw me, I was heavier, darker and complete of piercings!" the 5 -time Grammy Award winner laughs. " Allow me inform you, that was not an straightforward pill for them to swallow. I had acquired about 15 pounds for the duration of promotion and for the duration of my Stripped tour [with Justin Timberlake, 31]. They referred to as this critical emergency meeting about how there was a great deal of backlash ab out my fat. Simply, they told me I would influence a great deal of individuals if I acquired bodyweight -- the production, musical directors."

"[They claimed] people I toured with would also miss out if I acquired bodyweight mainly because I would market no records or tickets for my displays," she adds. "I was youthful, so I lost the excess weight promptly and was toothpick thin through Back to Fundamentals promos and touring."

Christina Aguilera
Christina Aguilera
Credit score : Billboard Magazine

The "Your Entire body " singer, dating production assistant Matthew Rutler, had last but not least had enough in 2012. "I told them for the duration of this Lotus recording, 'You are fun ctioning with a excess fat girl. Know it now and get in excess of it.' They want a reminder at times that I never belong to them. It's my physique," Aguilera tells the magazine. "My physique can't put any person in jeopardy of not generating money anymore &mdashmy physique is just not on the table that way any longer."

Right after the crucial and commercial failure of her 2010 album Bionic, Aguilera hopes Lotus (in retailers November 13) will remind music lovers of her true talent. "This album represents a celebration of the new me, and to me the lotus has usually represented this unbreakable flower that withstands any harsh climate conditions in its surroundings, that withstands time and remains lovely and powerful all through the years."

" When I could start out writing my own songs, starting with Stripped, I attempted to infuse as much as I could to market strength and inspire people today with that message," Aguilera expl ains. "And now I'm at a location at 31, the place the final time I felt this way was when I was 21 with Stripped and I had a lot to say and a great deal to express."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Celebrity Story On The Spot. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com