Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Catching Up With Designer Rafael Cennamo: The Cannon Canon



American couture designer Rafael Cennamo's awareness to detail and his designs are genuinely wonderful. We caught up with him at Soho Residence to chat about his lifetime, his Mother (who is his most significant editor) and his very first reminiscences of fashion.

 
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Photography: JaymeThornton.com

    Make-up : Rob Harmon

    Styling: Erin Mcsherry for the Cannon Media Group

    Model : Jessica Milhomem at MUSE

    Styling Assistant: Sarah Arroyo

    Make-up utilised :  Lips are NARS jungle red liner with galaxy female lipstick. Blush is Jouer in blossom. Skin is 3 Custom made Shade High definition concealer and basis.  

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
Back to slideshow
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Photography: JaymeThornton.com

    Make-up : Rob Harmon

    Styling: Erin Mcsherry for the Cannon Media Group

    Desi gn : Jessica Milhomem at MUSE

    Styling Assistant: Sarah Arroyo

    Makeup utilized :  Lips are NARS jungle red liner with galaxy female lipstick. Blush is Jouer in blossom. Skin is 3 Personalized Colour High definition concealer and foundation.  

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennam o

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
< div class="preview">
Watch All Thumbnails
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Photography: JaymeThornton.com

    Makeup : Rob Harmon

    Styling: Erin Mcsherry for the Cannon Media Team

    Product : Jessica Milhomem at MUSE

    Styling Assistant: Sarah Arroyo

    Makeup utilised :  Lips are NARS jungle red liner with galaxy lady lipstick. Blush is Jouer in blossom. Skin is 3 Tailor made Color Hd concealer and foundation.  

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael    Cennamo
  • Rafael Cennamo

    Rafael Cennamo

Photography: JaymeThornton.com

Makeup : Rob Harmon

Styling: Erin Mcsherry for the Cannon Media Team

Design : Jessica Milhomem at MUSE

Styling Assistant: Sarah Arroyo

Make-up used :  Lips are NARS jungle red liner with galaxy lady lipstick. Blush is Jouer in blossom. Skin is 3 Tailor made Color Hd concealer and basis.  

Photography: JaymeThornton.com

Make-up : Rob Harmon

Styling: Erin Mcsherry for the Cannon Media Group

Design : Jessica Milhomem at MUSE

Styling Assistant: Sarah Arroyo

Makeup used :  Lips are NARS jungle red liner with galaxy woman lipstick. Blush is Jouer in blossom. Skin is three Tailor made Color Hd concealer and foundation.  

Photography: JaymeThornton.com

Makeup : Rob Harmon

Styling: Erin Mcsherry for the Cannon Media Group

Design : Jessica Milhomem at MUSE

Styling Assistant: Sarah Arroyo

Makeup employed :  Lips are NARS jungle red liner with galaxy female lipstick. Blush is Jouer in blossom. Skin is 3 Custom Colour High definition concealer and basis.  

Cannon: How did it all commence ?

Rafael Cennamo: Since I was a child, all people knew that I needed to be a style designer, that I cherished manner and that I loved to attract. My teachers from school would say to my mom, &ldquoI don&rsquot know how he&rsquos planning to research because he&rsquos not crafting down something, not consuming notes, nearly anything...could you test his notebooks?&rdquo And my mom was like, &ldquoOkay enable me consider a appear,&rdquo and everything was sketches. I would sketch each and every single issue that was in my head given that I was a child. My mother was pissed about that &mdash anyhow, she&rsquos pleased now!

I began in Venezuela, my brother had a modeling agency there. That was my way of kind of getting into one thing associated to style.

Do : And do all the fittings?

RC: Exactly. I was like, &ldquoOh properly, allow me show you this and that!&rdquo I&rsquom the youngest of four brothers.  I began in Venezuela as I mentioned, then I moved to Miami and then I opened my business there, and 4 years ago moved the business to New York. 

C : Inform me about how you style a dress from the inside out, what&rsquos your style process ?

RC: One of the most crucial items for me is the fitting. The healthy of the full garment is very critical, and I don&rsquot know if you have observed, but some of them have a ton of corseting and boning. Just one of the items I&rsquom happy of about my garments is the design, the fit, how at ease you come to feel...

I think about what my consumer would like to have in their closet, what I have carried out in other collections that makes them appear back again to my studio to hold buying from me, and it&rsquos quite inspiring.  Of program, I stick to developments, I seem at items, I perform with diverse supplies, I generally try out to blend a very little bit of novelty and attempt to generate my possess things. It&rsquos very significant for me to follow the tendencies and however maintain making use of the materials that discover me as a designer so I can not often go for all the trends.

RC: I&rsquom telling you, I was actually youthful... youthful ! I don&rsquot don't forget if I was carrying out it at 3, four, or five, but I liked to draw faces all the time so my mother place me in painting classes and art classes. Every single time she would search at my sketches, she would see almost everything with hair, a mouth, lips, and earrings since I could not do something with no all of this.

Do : Do you keep in mind the initially time observing a gown you produced on someone ?

RC: Indeed ! It was my brother&rsquos very best friend &rsquos graduation gown&mdashthat was funny. I was like fourteen or fifteen. I identified an individual to make it. For it currently being that time, at 15, it was rather decent. I didn&rsquot sew it, of study course, I just sketched it and chosen every little thing for her. I didn&rsquot have a studio at that time so I experienced to come across a person else to do it. But she was so energized and she looked wonderful. 

C : What is your inspiration for S/S 2013 and shifting forward ?

RC:  Asia. I&rsquom undertaking Japanese inspirations. It&rsquos not anything so literal, but the inspiration comes from the crops and the details of the kimonos and all these incredibly specific sections of the lifestyle that is quite lineal but at the similar time really advanced in a way. 

I think it&rsquos additional about the culture in basic. There&rsquos this mysticism guiding it. I&rsquom a man or woman that believes in electricity and like what she can get from diverse cultures and issues like that. I assume that the Japanese society, in this situation, it&rsquos so specific and minimalistic, but it&rsquos so mysterious in a way that you want to know additional. 

C : When is your editor, your mom, coming in to look at the assortment ?

RC: I sent her some things by now by electronic mail. I showed her some when I went to Miami, and she stated, "I assume you need to have far more stuff." I was like, "Mom there are 55 parts there already, do you want to just depart it there? I believe that I have plenty of !" (laughs).

C : What suggestions would you give to a young designer who is just establishing in this submit - economic downturn kind of craziness?

RC: The most essential issue for someone who is starting is to genuinely believe that in by themselves and to be surrounded by the proper people. Do factors with really like and with a whole lot of tenacity and perseverance. You have to feel with every thing that you have that you can make it transpire. I really feel that I have been incredibly blessed to have the support from my moms and dads and my family members in common, all of them have always been guiding me and assisting me. I assume that the most important thing is to shell out consideration a whole lot to the points they have to say.

Do : I consider that&rsquos these types of a lovely factor to say, to have the capability to pay attention to other persons.

RC: Definitely. It is so essential just to experience oneself and your electricity, and your every day, by these folks, close friends, family members, and persons in the business that want the greatest for you. You know that you will often uncover a person that is not in that placement, but I believe the most essential issue is to decide on and pick who is best to function with, and what presents you a far more at ease experience to operate and to make it transpire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Celebrity Story On The Spot. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com