Sunday, August 26, 2012

When a cheetah: Within the wardrobes of style obsessives



-

Bestial print
Sharmadean Reid, 27, founder of WAH Nails.

Sharmadean Reid says that she adores bestial print so much she'd 'even dress in it to a funeral'. The operator of the WAH nail salon in east London, as very well as a model blogger and trend expert, she grew up in Wolverhampton and would devote several hours as a girl in the library searching down publications on manner. 'I devoured each one book there was,' she states. A single label in certain enthralled her: Dolce & Gabbana. 'Not only do they " own " the leopard print', she states, 'they also champion a intense, powerful girl, another person to aspire to and be proud of - like the gals in my possess family members.'

Leopard print has moved on given that Guess Lynch's day. 'It's a common now,' says Reid. 'I never ever see leopard as a craze. It's generally suitable and fashionable.' Her search is encouraged by avenue style, sportswear, Courtney Really like and the babydoll attire and stompy Document Martens of nineties riot- female bands. Leopard print, in her eyes, can work with all these variations and for every single occasion.

Nevertheless, not all animal print is made equal. Whether or not it can be designer or high avenue, Reid doesn't care what matters is that the print is a practical representation of the pelt in normal colors. 'It has to be excellent for me to want it. Even if it is a great brand name like Marc Jacobs, if the print's not authentic I is not going to get it.' Her hoard, which normally takes in every thing from luggage to cardigans, includes more than 50 items, which she admits to obtaining expense 'probably a couple of thousand pounds'.

One particular of her all-time favourites is a pair of leggings from Primark, now so effectively put on that 'I won't be able to use them out any more. I snooze in them rather. I used to fashion them with heels and a denim jacket in a hip-hop street way,' she claims wistfully. 'The print is amazing - incredible.'

Reid states that it has develop into harder to uncover something distinctive. 'The difficulty with trend, with solutions in basic, is globalism. I can't go to New York and decide up a thing special anymore - I can get it wherever. That's taken away the thrill of the chase. The final bastion for me is a vintage store, the only area in which you can get anything that no 1 else has. I discovered a genuine fur cloche final month at Camden Market place. In leopard print, in a natural way.'

Chanel
Mandi Lennard, 45, fashion advisor.


Mandi Lennard Image : SAM PELLY

So deep is Mandi Lennard's really like for the French luxury model Chanel that she's thinking about finding a tattoo of its interlinked Do. Assume which is extreme ? The emblem has already produced an appearance on a single of her birthday cakes, and she makes a position of putting on Chanel each day.

Lennard lied about her age to bag her first vogue job at Western Denims Co in Leeds 22 a long time in the past. From there she joined the legendary trend boutique Browns in London and soon after 6 many years moved into PR. It was then that her like affair with the label began. 'I love it. It is refreshing, progressive and new, but real to its heritage,' she claims. Some of us can only dream of possessing even just one piece of Chanel, but Lennard has a colossal selection. From brooches to scarves, earrings to bangles, watches to baggage, it truly is all there. 'I like dressing reduced - important but then I will shove a " serious " accent in the mix. That is me to a tee,' she says.

Lennard is properly identified on the London style scene and the way she pairs luxurious add-ons with streetwear, baseball caps, denims and trainers has grow to be one thing of a sartorial trademark. A favorite search is 'my scruffy torn previous Bathing Ape parka with an un-ironed T-shirt, Uniqlo jeans, biker boots and a Chanel mink scarf'.

A latest addition to her assortment is a black night clutch bag with a Perspex manage. 'I wanted an night bag but I've been wearing it for the duration of the day - it can make me sense elegant,' she claims. Lennard is reluctant to set a determine on how a lot she's spent on Chanel, but she will acknowledge to becoming a voracious shopper. She'll hunt for classic Chanel at the Clignancourt fleamarket in Paris or search on eBay, but prefers buying at the Chanel boutiques in rue Cambon in Paris or Aged Bond Street in London. One issue she would not do is the product sales - what this lady wishes is new time ahead of everyone else has it. 'I want to conquer the other people to it, which is why Karl Lagerfeld couldn't acquire his eyes off me when I was obtaining evening meal at the up coming table to him in Paris in 2009. I was wearing Chanel Union Jack enamel jewelry that had just come out, in addition a recently introduced hat!'

For her, acquisition is 'a renewal. I am shedding pores and skin and want the newest to swap the mature model that has provided me so considerably.' She says that Chanel makes her experience like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's - who would not want that?

Denims
Maria Lemos, 47, operator of Rainbowwave manner agency.


Maria Lemos Image : SAM PELLY

Minimalist, pristine, white - Maria Lemos's wardrobe is excellent. It also is made up of row on row of neatly folded jeans. She is obsessed with them, from early Calvin Kleins to Earl Jean and now J Model, and states simply that 'they are a massive part of my life'.

Lemos commenced her working daily life in PR then segued into profits, performing with the designers Sonia Rykiel, John Galliano and Cacharel, prior to lastly placing up her individual fashion agency. From her offices in Camden, north London, she sells specialized niche British labels these kinds of as Peter Pilotto and Meadham Kirchhoff to prospective buyers about the globe.

When we fulfill, Lemos is in a common 'dress down' outfit of L'Agence T-shirt, a tailor-made jacket and Lovestory flares, which were being her initial at any time pair of J Brands (she now owns more than 50 ). She is in a prime situation to exam - drive new jeans. 'I seem at what's providing very best and I consider them. I get to know the satisfies and what performs finest for me,' she states. 'If I'm acquiring a slim day, I arrive at for a pair of 811s, which have a super -skinny healthy. If I'm exhausted, or fed up, it truly is on with a slouchy slice or flares.

Lemos says she would not like vogue sufferers and is not swayed by trends, so she'll come across a shape she loves and purchase 3. 'I'll rotate them, donning one particular right up until it can be finished and then transfer on to the upcoming.' She just isn't valuable with them possibly. 'I wash them in the machine. I never dry- cleanse them, at any time, and from time to time I boil wash so they fade more rapidly.'

Biased she could be, but Lemos insists J Manufacturers suit all gals ('There'll be at least one lower that works') and indicates that any individual still searching for the great pair of jeans should spend a few of several hours in a major department retailer acquiring to know the denim expert. 'Some of them are so superior they can glance you up and down and know instantly which healthy will work', she says. 'Buying denims looks to scare individuals, but it can be truly just a formulation. Come across it and you can retain heading back again.'

J Brand's bestseller in Britain past yr was the Major, a large -rise skinny slice with zips. When Lemos asked the model to clear away the zips (as you can when you happen to be a trend insider) a total new style was born - the Maria. 'They hold me in,' she claims. 'I can put on anything at all with them, flats or heels. They are my bread and butter.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Celebrity Story On The Spot. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com