Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Investment decision Dresser: the perfect boot



Ankle boots and ⅞ trousers have been locked in a mutually helpful dance with one particular yet another for at least five decades. It's been good. But now knee-highs are reducing in.

No biggie, I believed complacently, as I surveyed the crocodiles of tall, medium-to- high -heeled boots submitting down the winter season catwalks. I have got a good small repertoire of knee-highs in my wardrobe dating back again about ten many years.

And so I have. But getting subjected just about every of the pairs to my individual version of an Oxbridge viva, I identified that nothing but absolutely nothing dates far more than a medium-to- high -heeled boot. You can have on a gown that is ten, 30, 50 many years outdated. But a Louis heel circa 2002? Don't make me chortle - and I will not treatment if it is from Jimmy Choo.

Even a innocent pair from Emma Hope, 2009, search hopelessly stubby and light (I realized that suede was a undesirable idea ). I love my Penelope Chilvers 2½in stacked-heel black boots but I have worn them so significantly they are knackered.

So, 1 magnanimous trip to my pal Sue Ryder later on, and I'm in the industry for knee-highs. I'm pondering smart, shiny but not patent (fattening and a bit flash). No exotics, either - also flashy and fairly plumpifying. Who needs that? I want a form that is slim but not sausage, with no bling, a rounded, squarish toe and a block heel about 2½in, due to the fact anything better seems far too un-Céline.

Black, or around black, certainly. Lanvin's midnight-blue type is fantastic ( internet -a-porter.com ). But £785. B Store's Vanessa boots (£458, mywardrobe.com ) are the ideal toe form and have a Perspex heel you could have on at night, but at 8cm substantial they're stretching my definition of comfortable.

That leaves the Barry boots by Robert Clergerie ( robertclergerie.com ), which I have been prancing approximately in ideal top, correct width ( slightly free - makes you feel sylph-like), proper colour and £630 ( nevertheless steep, but sure to go the price - for every - use examination ).

Only the heel form is an concern : a striking but undoubtedly of-the- minute chunk that is virtually, but not really, a wedge. Is it a classic ? In all probability not, but for now I really like it and will use it to passing away. And when it arrives to boots, which is about all you can inquire.


From left : Leather mock-croc riding boot, £150, by Dune ( dune.co. united kingdom ), Leather stirrup boot with spur detail, £920, by Gucci (020 7235 6707), Leather boot, £320, by Kurt Geiger ( kurtgeiger.co. united kingdom )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Celebrity Story On The Spot. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com