Thursday, December 20, 2012

Miu Miu's Spring Campaign Stars at Least One Model You Really, Really Like (Especially If You Really, Really Like Bette Franke)



For the Spring 2013 campaign, Miu Miu took a page out of parent brand Prada's book, choosing to forego the hard casting decisions by hiring every girl that made it to the short list. It was a varied bunch of model types: the only thing Adriana Lima, Doutzen Kroes, Arizona Muse, Malgosia Bela, Bette Franke, and Martha Hunt have in common is that they've now all been photographed by Inez & Vinoodh for Miu Miu's Spring 2013 ad campaign.

Despite being surrounded by some much bigger names/faces (like Adriana Lima, Doutzen Kroes, and Arizona Muse) Bette Franke is the real star of this campaign. Even when she's not looking at the camera or someone's hand is blocking her face, I barely register the other models in the shot. 

If Franke does have a co-star, it's Miu Miu's latest offering of shoes. The clothing is nice and everything (I mean, I would wear everything Franke is wearing in every picture, but some of the animal print and billowy denim dressing the other models is not my scene), but the shoooooesssss. I don't know how to express my longing and desire to own shoes like that and be the kind of person that owns and wears shoes like that (that's just a figure of speech, I'm actually perfectly happy being the boot-wearing person that I am) except by saying, shoooooesssss. 

The campaign is set in a house I'd like to visit, and I think these are women I'd like to know. That is, this would be a house I'd like to visit and these would look like women I'd like to know if I wanted to live in an ambiguously sexual and kind of depressing love nest and be surrounded by people that often act in unnecessarily selfish and erratic ways.

I think that when I was a kid, I imagined I would become like one of these women someday (so dark and faux-soulful), not realizing that women like this exist only in luxury Italian fashion campaigns. That's a good thing: the models here might look beautiful, but they also look like they're a second away from having a nervous breakdown. Wish someone could make having it together look as aspirational as being a mess. 

Images courtesy of Miu Miu

Previously:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Celebrity Story On The Spot. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com