Wednesday, November 28, 2012

tFS Member Stereo_Flo Shares Ideas On How To Become a Product and Vogue Pro



Members of the invitation-only TheFashionSpot forums are nicely - regarded between other fashion lovers for their enthusiastic reactions to new runway collections and rapidly sharing of new photos and scans. Some have currently produced a identify for on their own in the business and some have all the likely to become component of the trend elite in the foreseeable future. In our carrying on with sequence, we are spotlighting some of the most remarkable and fascinating contributors to the tFS forums and providing a peek within their offline lives.

eighteen - yr - aged Elena Drogaytseva, identified on the boards as Stereo_Flo, is a single of all those members that make the tFS Discussion boards a most important useful resource for anybody needing details about any design. Elena not only regularly updates numerous types &rsquo topics, she also starts off threads on new faces, compiles seasonal runway model showlists, helps other members recognize designs in the &lsquoFemale Product ID thread&rsquo and scans exceptional editorials from Russian magazines to share them with fellow tFSers.

Elena was born and even now lives in Moscow, Russia. She is understanding  management in the hospitality business but is intrigued in turning her six - calendar year vogue obsession from a pastime into a career. She has been a devoted discussion board member since 2009 and states she joined when types Sigrid Agren, Frida Gustavsson, and Monika "Jac" Jagaciak have been increasing stars and she experienced noticed that The Style Place was a nicely - structured and well-known discussion board where their operate was becoming shared and mentioned. She selected her username by opening her tunes playlist and seeking at melodies that appealed to her. "Thank God, I didn't choose a thing else&hellip Wait a moment, what was everybody listening to again then?" she asks jokingly. Elena was really surprised when I asked her to do this interview and was quite happy to inform us more about her interest for styles and about how she keeps herself arranged when gathe ring the perform of models.

The Vogue Spot : Elena, how did you turn into involved in style and designs ? Do you remember a particular function or photograph or something that induced your desire ?

Elena Drogaytseva: The initial gals 's magazine I bought was Elle Russia May well 2007, with Valentina Zelyaeva on the include. That was anything outstanding when compared to publications for teenagers that ended up on my bookshelves at that time. So I started off buying much more magazines, and I seldom examine them, to be trustworthy, because I was engaged in photoshoots and promoting campaigns on the 1st webpages. In reality, that was a real joy for me, specifically Dolce & Gabbana and D&G advertisement campaigns (they are nevertheless amongst my faves). Only now I understand that the product casts ended up totally good, but at that time I only questioned for myself who the versions have been and that I had to locate out additional about them. Originally, I remembered styles ' names from credits in the magazines, then I began hunting for them on the Web. At that time, new supermodels ( this sort of as Coco Rocha, Jessica Stam, Frej a Beha, and so forth.) ended up genuinely well-liked, while I was fully mesmerized by Doutzen Kroes. I even ordered the beauty items that she was marketing at that time. I get it that she is one particular of the very best industrial models ever, as she did prompt me to purchase stuff.

A major report with Anna Selezneva in Vogue Russia September 2008 was a fantastic enhance for me due to the fact I understood that modeling was a significant marketplace. And that's when I started out to grow to be lively on the Online. I was mastering at college and I had a ton of cost-free time, so I gave up all my preceding hobbies in favor of mastering a lot more about styles, as my priorities had adjusted. As I dug deeper into the challenge, I sooner or later obtained into moderating a single of the nearby versions - connected Net communities. That was a absolutely incredible and exceptional encounter, as I thought responsible for acquiring the work accomplished and for arranging both equally myself and the neighborhood, and I was intended to voice an impartial belief. Even now I don't have any favorite models, due to the fact I similarly regard the function of every single of the girls. So when I was a moderator, I unc overed a lot about manner and modeling, and what's a lot more, I also learned about tFS.

tFS: You appear to be to devote a lot of time to acquiring new photographs, wanting up new faces on design  agency sites, scanning content, and so forth. What can make investing time on it value it?

ED: Out of all forms of images, I enjoy Polaroids and backstage pictures most, mainly because they show types as they are. I do value it because not too long ago I'm truly into interviews with styles, and in reality it does support to grasp a far better photo of the points. Essentially, all enthusiasm for a design fades away when I see that a girl is not having her task critically and is just acquiring fun and at the same time undertaking some random stuff with out bothering to put items into viewpoint. Women with no ambition don't seem to be appealing for me. By distinction, I do adore all those who set clear goals and go for them. I remember that the moment Jasmine Tookes stated to Modelinia that she needs to work with VS, and eventually she received there! This provides me power and at these moments I comprehend that devoting my time to the threads of committed versions is worth it.

I do love scanning publications, but now I don't do it that usually, only if the magazine isn't available on-line. I truly appreciate the efforts of all the members who article electronic versions of publications, but my heart and soul belongs to scans and printed publications.

tFS: How do you do it, how can you hold up with so quite a few versions and how do you choose which models you want to produce a thread for? And how does a model typically catch your awareness when you browse company sites ?

ED: As for the huge quantity of info, I attempt to retain every thing organized. My space may possibly be a overall mess, but in my laptop and notes, every thing is in purchase. The info that I can't remember requirements to be obtainable at hand. I know all-around two thousand styles, so if I can't remember her name, I know specifically in which to search for it. I spend a good deal of time browsing by means of web sites and blogs of product companies, the frequency of updates on the internet sites and blogs is what is important for me. I set down the names of the ladies and their organizations, then stick to them for a while, and if there's a advancement, I make a thread on the female. Actually, I don't have time to stick to women that are listed only on the mom organizations sites, from time to time I create threads for them, but most usually, they are actually excellent, so they get signed with best organizations rather quick. Also, viewpoints of casting o rganizations make any difference much for me, I always consider them into account as very well.

I'm really glad for Ruby-Jean Wilson, her thread was one of the initial I designed &mdash I noticed her when she was doing Australia Trend Week &mdash and now she's a muse of Marc Jacobs. That's actually massive, and I'm content for her.

At occasions I can't end the things, but it only suggests that I switched my awareness to one thing that seemed more significant at present. So I consider to article a little bit in several threads of types. Sadly, a massive quantity of photoshoots, exams, etc. is however not coated and not posted at tFS. I remain up late, but that's hardly a way out, I do value contributions of other members, and consider to update &ldquodead&rdquo threads, so I'm seriously pleased when a lady gets fans to stick to her thread &mdash so I change to other models.

tFS: What are some of your preferred threads on tFS?

ED: I have hundreds of subscriptions, often I get misplaced in them, but browse by each and every of them anyways. My favorite threads are these which are relevant at a time &mdash in the course of Manner Months these are Showlists and Castings, and Supporting Forged and Advertisement Campaigns the relaxation of the time. But I depend heavily on are living blogposts, so I can see the updates even from the threads that I see first time.

tFS: The Supporting Cast section on tFS is vastly common and so numerous people are the following for the designs. What do you assume would make models so exciting and wherever does that fascination appear from? What do you really like most about subsequent models ' operate ?

ED: Indeed, Supporting Cast is genuinely preferred. Even so, new faces don't seem to be to get that a lot awareness, because every person loves supermodels, product - celebrities and these that do some thing along with modeling. Honestly, that's not what it's about for me. I'm not interested in gossiping and the non-public everyday living of versions at all. Also, I don't truly really feel totally business tasks are that interesting  I enjoy substantial fashion, fashion as artwork. Apparently, it's a company and it's intended to yield profits, but I'm more interested in the artistic facet.

It's clear that the concern of higher vogue vs. the commercial side of fashion can be talked over for good, as very well as modeling and other challenges. And actually that's what I continuously do with my elder sister Katerina, a.k.a. MissMelissa on the forums. She's actually good and generally supports me. Really, we started off our vogue tales with each other, and we nevertheless make a pleasant workforce, I feel. Though I publish substantially a lot more than she does!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Celebrity Story On The Spot. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com